I talked previously about the different ways you can repurpose your media coverage, but what about your company “wins”? Think about the last time something great happened to your company – like signing a big client. How did you leverage this win to boost your PR efforts? If all you did was write a press release and pitch it to the media, then you’re not taking full advantage of the different ways this one win can be used over and over again in your PR and marketing.
For example, let’s say Apple has just contracted you to provide them with a service for one month. There are ten ways you can leverage this win to get more publicity over time:
- Write an SEO press release and post it on your site. If the story is big enough (in this case, signing Apple would be pretty BIG) you should think about posting it on services like PR Newswire.
- Turn your press release into a blog post that can be easily shared.
- Feed your blog through the RSS functionality on Hootsuite to automatically populate your Twitter and Facebook page. Simply announcing your big news on your social networks can lead to new followers and business opportunities.
- Announce that you signed Apple in your company newsletter- this is definitely something you want to share with your subscribers!
- Following your one month of service, write a solid case study about working with Apple: What were you contracted to do? What were the measurable outcomes? Did you get signed on for another project because of your great work?
- Pitch this case study to media and bloggers.
- Repurpose your case study for your blog. Do one post on it or do several! You can write a post as a recap, how-to, lessons learned, etc.
- Since you’re now feeding your blogs posts to Twitter and Facebook via Hootsuite, your fans and followers will instantly learn about your experience working with Apple.
- Make sure to include your case study in your sales kit.
- The resulting media article(s) from this win can be posted on your website, used in your sales kit, mentioned in award and speaker applications…there really is no end to how this win can help your business!
Photo Credit: Watermarked.cutcaster.com
Elena is founder of a technology PR agency that works with startups to billion-dollar companies. She is passionate about helping marketers and small business owners with practical publicity strategies, which she's also using for her own bling flip flop company.
Did you enjoy this post? Subscribe now and get new posts either via RSS feed or your email. Please click on the RSS button below or type your primary email address below and click "Subscribe."