I was recently included in a Forbes.com list of 20 Women for Entrepreneurs to Follow on Twitter and immediately thought, what about the Men? They may be a minority but don’t they deserve some lovin’?
By hot I mean:
- They have an awesome business I admire and am learning from
- They are genuinely interested in and engage with their community
- Some have a wicked sense of humor
- Some have gone out of their way to help me out
- And some of them, are just plain hot (You know who you are!)
Here are 20 Men who appear in my Twitter stream and why I *heart* them:
- @guykawasaki is a Silicon Valley venture capitalist, kick-ass entrepreneur and marketer who helped me out by adding my blog last year to Alltop.com when I only had ohhh, maybe 4 posts? That immediately brought credibility and landed me a consulting contract. Guy, I owe you a nice lunch next time you’re in town! Oh, and I’ve spoken on the same ‘stage’ as Guy. In our Pajamas.
- @problogger Darren Rowse helps bloggers improve their blogging and explore ways to earn an income at the same time by writing about topics that they love. I’m no pro blogger by any means, so I just got his “31 Days to a Better Blog” workbook and am looking forward to digging in.
- @petershankman is the founder of HARO which in less than 2 years has revolutionized how journalists connect with their sources. I’ve had a few entrepreneurs thank me for getting their first stories in the media after referring them to the site. Nice biz model too – Shankman says HARO made $1.4 million in revenue in 15 months.
- @markheartofbiz speaking of money, Mark Silver answers the question: “can you really make a profit while making a difference?” I met Mark in person earlier this year and promptly purchased his program which has illuminated so many aspects of my relationship with money. A must for every business owner!
- @charliegilkey helps overwhelmed creative entrepreneurs be more productive. I know I desperately need a coaching session from Charlie with all the yummy things I have planned, but in the meantime, I’ve used his awesome free planners to stay on track with my vision.
- @cameronherold is your backpocket COO who’s grown a company from $2M to $150M and placed 5000 media hits for them in just a few years. Now he coaches CEOs how to do it for their own high-growth companies. Hangs out mostly at the Vancouver Lawn and Tennis Club…and trying to get me, and everyone else, to Burning Man.
- @therisetothetop if I can just tap into some of David Siteman Garland’s seemingly unlimited energy, I’d be set! David interviews the most interesting entrepreneurs on his ABC-TV show and web show and he is definitely the #1 non-boring resource for entrepreneurs. After placing several “non-clients” on his show just because I wanted to help…David finally asked ME to be on his show! (bwahahaha…my *evil* strategy worked!)
- @lewishowes my buddy and favorite LinkedIn expert who helped me get to the top of LinkedIn searches for people in public relations. He’s passionate about living the dream and a pretty good salsa dancer from what I hear, but I don’t think he’s posted a video…yet.
- @seanmalarkey Lewis’s partner in the “side hustle” of marketing through webinars, Sean is an undisputed Twitter expert and from what I see on his Facebook, a great dad too.
- @clementyeung specializes in helping some of the best internet marketers out there improve traffic and conversion for their sites. Not only that, he’s into body building and if you’re lucky, you may catch a photo or two of his biceps.
- @chrisbrogan if you have any hope of understanding social media, you’ve got to follow the author of Trust Agents. I’m guilty of many blunders myself and I often see Chris point them out, without necessarily pointing a finger at anyone. Gracefully done.
- @copyblogger offers the best copywriting tips for marketing online. If you want to blog for business and attract raving fans, this blog is the grand-daddy role model. I’m honored to be on VisaBusinessNetwork.com’s blogroll alongside Brian Clark.
- @standupkid Mark Joyella is a 5-Time Emmy Award winning TV reporter, print journalist and new dad who was kind enough to participate in my “Ask the Journalists” teleseminar. At one point he called some PR people “flacks” but I’m sure he didn’t mean me
- @unmarketing Scott Stratten says to stop marketing and start engaging. And he means it dammit! Also known as the king of the rants. Hilarious, unless of course, the rant is about you. His bark is worse than his bite though, I think he’s a softie at heart.
- @loubortone now that I’m getting into video, Lou’s the guy with all the tips, tricks and video tweets. As a self-described cynical, hard-edged, jaded guy from Boston, when I read his post on “OMG, I’ve become one of them! I’m a heart-based entrepreneur!” I wanted to give him a hug. Maybe I’ll send him a video hug.
- @gapingvoid Hugh MacCleod is a professional cartoonist and I’ve subscribed to his daily cartoons featuring thoughts on life and business. It’s like my daily 30 second coaching – inspirational, sometimes funny, sometimes biting and always thoughtful. If you’re lucky enough, he makes personalized business cards too.
- @tferriss who doesn’t want to have the Tim Ferriss system for a 4-Hour Workweek? I read this book a couple of years ago, tell everyone at dinner parties about it, and am working my way through the process. Right now I’d be super happy with a 4-hour Work Day.
- @rockyourday Dave Navarro has earned his name of The Launch Coach for the simple reason that yes, he rocks. I’ve purchased his membership program and there is so much valuable content there for anyone wanting to launch products and sell to more buyers every month.
- @danschawbel author of Me 2.0 and personal branding expert. Since I’m always starting new things, and getting my brands convoluted in the process (that’s the problem when you have the Shiny Object Syndrome) Dan provides a good reality check with his advice.
- @boxofcrayons Michael Bungay-Stanier is one of the most creative coaches out there. I’ve got both his books and if you ever need some inspiration, watch his cool movies like my favorite: 8 Irresistible Principles of Fun.
What about you, which men and women do you love to follow and recommend?
Elena is founder of a technology PR agency that works with startups to billion-dollar companies. She is passionate about helping marketers and small business owners with practical publicity strategies.
Did you enjoy this post? Subscribe now and get new posts either via RSS feed or your email. Please click on the RSS button below or type your primary email address below and click "Subscribe."