If you’re a business based in British Columbia, I’ve got exciting news for you!
Starting the end of November, I’m going to be giving a PR and Social Media Intensive training program for BC-based small businesses.
The goal of the training is to turn employees into “company evangelists” who create buzz-worthy stories about their companies and make them viral through social media.
Why Should You Be Interested?
With basic public relations and social media marketing skills, your employees can get free publicity for your biz in traditional media (newspapers, magazines, TV, radio) as well as new media (blogs and social networks like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn).
Consider the following:
According to the Institute of Public Relations, the return on investment for PR is $8 for every $1 spent–not to mention, getting a positive news article has a ripple effect on other marketing you do
According to a survey study by Social Media Examiner, among respondents who used social media:
- 56% generated new business partnerships
- 48% generated qualified leads
- 45% reduced their overall marketing expenses
Clearly, PR and social media marketing are invaluable for budget-challenged businesses who want to attract potential clients and establish market leadership.
What To Expect
PR and Social Media Intensive is made up of three modules:
Module 1: How to Generate a Publicity S.T.O.R.M. for Your Business
Discover my very own system for:
- Stories – Generating media-sexy stories that get the attention of journalists and editors
- Target – Find hundreds of publicity opportunities right under your nose
- Offer – Offer your stories to media successfully without writing complicated press releases
- Resistance – Tackle the most common myths that stop you from getting the publicity your business deserves
- Media – How to leverage the media you do get to build even more buzz and find more paying clients and customers
Modules 2 and 3: Why Social Media Is A M.U.S.T for Your Business
Learn how to:
- Maximize your investment by having a social media marketing strategy that saves you time, energy and money
- Understand the many social media tools and know which ones are right for YOUR business
- Systematize your efforts with easy-to-use, time-saving tools that grow your reach, even when you’re at the beach
- Thrive on social networks by focusing on the Big 3 and avoid looking like a twit on Twitter, making foes on Facebook and getting lost on LinkedIn
Plus: You’ll get bonus training and other materials worth over $1000!
Two Ways to Participate
If you’re interested, you can participate in one of two ways:
1. Live Event
Attend the live training workshop on November 30, December 1 and 2, 1-4 pm, at ING Direct, downtown Vancouver.
A maximum of only 10 participants will be accepted Only six spots are left, so if you’re interested, act today.
2. In-House Training
If you’d like to train at least three of your employees, you can have the training done either at your office or via webinar. Dates for in-house training are flexible, depending on what’s convenient for you. However, because of the demand for the training, you do have to book by November 30, 2010.
But Wait, You May Qualify To Train for Free!
If you’re a small business with less than 50 employees, you may qualify for free training. Click here to download the application and other documents related to the funding program.
The Next Step
Interested? Either click here to learn more and download the curriculum and other materials, or go ahead and contact me (elena at crossborderpr.com or 604-947-2930) to register.
Got questions? Contact me or post them below and I’ll respond right away.
Image from Yuri Arcurs Website
Elena is founder of a technology PR agency that works with startups to billion-dollar companies. She is passionate about helping marketers and small business owners with practical publicity strategies.
Did you enjoy this post? Subscribe now and get new posts either via RSS feed or your email. Please click on the RSS button below or type your primary email address below and click "Subscribe."