Lady Gaga is a celebrity phenomenon. She rose to stardom on the wings of social media and has achieved so much in little time compared to her predecessors. Consider this:
- she has over 20 million Twitter followers
- almost 50 million people have liked her Facebook page
- she has won 5 Grammy Awards, among many other music awards
- in 2011, Forbes named her the #1 most powerful celebrity and #7 on its list of most powerful women
- she is estimated to have earned over US$90 million as of August 2011
If that’s not enough, the University of South Carolina has created a course, “Lady Gaga and the Sociology of Fame.”
Clearly, we can learn a thing or two from someone who has accomplished so much. What can Lady Gaga teach us about getting PR in a social media-driven world?