In a recent post, I wrote about How to Create a Personal Vision. In order to make your vision a reality, you’ll need to tie it into specific goals. Otherwise your vision will remain a daydream.
Other benefits of goal setting include:
* Using your mind and talents fully
* Making better decisions
* Being more organized and effective
* Having greater confidence and self-worth
* Being more enthusiastic and motivated
* Accomplishing uncommon or “unrealistic” projects
I’m particularly intrigued by this last point about Unrealistic projects because one of the most popular systems out there about setting goals proposes they should be S.M.A.R.T. – Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely.
I’d like to propose a version called S.M.U.R.T – Specific, Measurable, Unrealistic, Resonant and Timely. Here’s what it would include: